Friday, July 15, 2011

The Final Space Shuttle Launch

It's sad to see the shuttle program go away. I never wanted to be an astronaut myself, but always felt like it was a special part of my childhood; my family went quite a few times to the Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC, and I always learned so much.


The cancellation of the program is a huge marketing blunder for the United States. We have a brand image, and we've been letting it erode. How can people expect to value the country if we shut down one of the few programs that make it stand out in the world, especially considering that it's a PEACE-promoting endeavor; so few are anymore!


Here's the Daily Show's take on the whole thing. Beneath the humor, there's a sense of disappointment at how ridiculous the cancellation is for the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment