Saturday, December 17, 2011

A successful viral video

I haven't listened to the radio in a long time; mostly, I've just been listening to books non-stop.  Also, I'm not extremely active on Twitter, so I totally missed out on this gem of a music video.  It's unique, the song's catchy...and the marketing implications of this video are amazing!  Read my full post to view the video, too!


Pretty fun, huh?

More interesting to me is the fact that he didn't ever send it to her; he tweeted it to other people in the hopes that it'd eventually get to her.  Now it's a hit on iTunes and radio stations worldwide, and even pop icons have been talking about it.

This is every marketer's dream come true: a video that goes viral.  Unfortunately, most attempts at "viral marketing" end up with 15 hits, all of which are your own when you check it to see the count every day.

There have been BOOKS written about making viral content that gets noticed, so I won't write about that.  I just wanted to post an example of a success story in the hopes of saying, "Don't worry!  It can be done!"

P.S. - It took two days for the video to get to her!

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome! I'm pretty active on twitter (@buckmcmurray), but I didn't see that. I guess I don't follow the right people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find it on Twitter, Buck. There was a link to it in a news article on viral videos.

    ReplyDelete