Monday, November 8, 2010

What I've learned from failure

Especially in this economy, it's hard to get a business up and going. Even once things are moving, the difficulty of keeping the forward momentum going is a continual problem. Over my career, I've worked for great businesses, some of which were large, and some of which were VERY small. I'm going to be focusing on the smallest two because they are the most applicable to my target audience: the small business owner.


Company #1
This company was a not-for-profit organization with a staff of twenty full-time employees and a few interns. They offered, free of charge, counseling and psychosocial treatment programs to those suffering from a specific disease, as well as their families and friends.

Company #2
A unique technology offering was the key to this business' success in penetrating markets and finding new clients. The company had a staff of 10, plus some part-time assembly line workers. The offering was a powerful product that blew the pants off the competition.


These companies had great potential, and the only thing they lacked was that next step to take them out of the shadows and into the light of success. Which one made that critical step correctly? Which one's dreams went unfulfilled?

I'll let you know in my next post! In the mean time, please tell me what you think by posting a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment